Another massive week has come to a close and I bet your all just chomping at the bit to read about it! (:p)Â
- Me giving my notice at work, or rather me informing them of my intention NOT to renew my contract in favour of heading off to (hopefully) sunny Europe for a 4 month jaunt. *glee*
- Dinner at SaSa Sushi (most awesome new find of ours in angel). The Rainbow Rolls were really spectacular.
- Lunch Thursday at Borough markets with MiriamÂ (massive salt beef chibatta followed by Divine french pastry and of course various obligatory taste tests 😉 ).
- Oceans 13 with Phil, Daph and Niall – not as good as the original but still worth seeing at the cinema.
- Dinner Thursday at the Palm Beach Private members Casino (with excellent restaurant)… with old work colleagues. Note the host won Â£800 before dinner!!
- Dinner FridayÂ withÂ Robin, Sue and Tim and then a cheeky pint at a very old local pub. Snaps to everyone involved in the great knob delivery! (Long storey yet to come to completion)
- Saturday IÂ headed, in all my finery, to Royal Ascot with Gab and Daphne and came out on top by picking the winners ofÂ the first two races. Thanks to Sue for lendingÂ me a posh hat andÂ to Irene and Jean for the TKMaxx Dress! The day was filled with colour and excitment. Absolutely amazingÂ animals on show (both human and equine).Â Repeated tropical downpours between races weren’t able to dampen the fun!
- Sunday Phil headed to Greenwich (i was put off by both the rain and my very full day prior) but ended up meeting up with Miriam and Satya for a marathon 3 hour pool sessionÂ at the elbow room in the afternoon. Capping the evening off with some rockabilly at the old queens head where Andy Weatherall was playing.
I am tired just from writing it all up!! I cant belive i had time to do the washing!!
I will update post with photos as soon as i get them off the camera